Dreams



As an adult, I think of often about what I dreamed of being as a child. I remember when I was little, my goal as an adult, was to be the owner of a cattle farm. I always wanted to be a cowboy and I thought this is the way to achieve it. As I got a little older, I realized that just owning a cattle ranch wasn’t enough for me, so I decided I was gonna split time as a MLB baseball player and rancher. My brother and I would go into business together being on the ranch. That way there would be someone back home tending to the cattle as I was on the road playing ball.


Obviously, once I got into high school I realized there’s no way I’d ever play major-league baseball and I realized that I probably wasn’t gonna be a cattle rancher either. But my dreams changed I want to be a dad and a husband, and I didn’t know what else. Working in college figuring out what I was going to do I found a girl to make one of my dreams come true. As I  thought about what profession I would enter I knew that I wanted to do something with kids. I was the second oldest of eight kids and I had always been around them and knew that I was good with young kids.


When I decided to be an educator I never wanted to be just any old educator. I wanted to be the educator the kids will be talking about when they are in their 90s and telling stories to their grandchildren. I wanted to make an impact on their lives that would last forever. Now being in education for the last 15 years, I’m seeing some of my dreams come true. I have a long way to go before any of my students become grandparents. I have a long way to go before I make that kind of impact. But I’m building relationships and forming bonds that are changing people’s lives.


Two years ago I had a dream of writing a book and telling my story of education. I remember taking a trip to the coast for my wife’s birthday. While we were there we found an old small-town bookstore. I walked in the store and looked around and I had emotion come over me. I knew right then that my new dream was to be able to write a book. I took a dream I thought about what I would what I would write a book about. I wanted to share my stories of education and started sharing my message. Through the stories and through my many small messages by manifest was created. My dream was to become a reality.


Now that I have a book in editing, my dream is still the same. I want to share my story, I want to change the way education is done, and I want to create relationships that last a lifetime and share the story of my journey. My new goal is to share my manifesto with the world. I want to speak to people and coach others to be the one for kids.

No, not everyone has the same dream as me. That’s OK. Whatever your dream is, get out and chase it. Tell the world what your dream is and go after it. Make sure you surround yourself with people that will push you and challenge you to achieve your dreams. You can do it, I believe in  you and you got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes You Go Back, To Go Forward

Be the One...Who Stays Positive

Be The One... That Connects With Kids