Simply Start Blogging



Recently at the National Principals Conference, I was sitting and learning with Eric Sheniger. He asked the question of raise your hand if you blog.  A group of hands went up, but mostly in the middle of the room, which happened to be members of my PLN Principals In Action. He then asked, who blogs regularly? Even less hands were left in the air. 

My hand was up through the series of questioning, but two years ago it would not have been. When I was first urged to start a blog by my friend and colleague, Adam Welcome, I felt that I had nothing to write about. The thoughts and feelings that went through my head were:

I am not a writer. 
I am not special. 
No one will read it. 
I don't have the time. 

A year later, my professional life has completely changed for the better. I am now:

Connected  
Have a Voice
Motivating Others

People will listen. People want to know what you think. People want to know your story. Simply start blogging and writing down your thoughts. Use it as a way to journal and motivate yourself. 

I challenge you to start a blog and begin to blog regularly. You will see your voice, your story, and your passion will shine through. 

Be the one that shares their story with everyone who will listen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes You Go Back, To Go Forward

Be the One...Who Stays Positive

Be The One... That Connects With Kids