The Power of The Principal



Life and school is about experiences and chances to explore all the beautiful things that they have to offer. Looking through the eyes of kids, we as Principals hold so much power. Students love when they are encouraged, cheered on, loved, and recognized, especially by the Principal.

As a student, I would walk around campus hoping to be recognized by someone for something I had to offer. My older brother was always being recognized for how well of a reader he was or how well he was following directions. Here I was, a rambunctious kid with a love of being physical and all the social aspects of school. As you can imagine,  this caused some disruptions in the classroom.

My childhood and school experiences has shaped me into the educator I am today. Knowing the impact of the encouragement of an adult on campus, I look for anytime to encourage students. Recently at 5th grade camp, I got the time to slow it down and build relationships with students. I was able to encourage those you were apprehensive about the zip line, played games during free time, went on nature hikes, and even got to get on the archery range.

During my adventures at camp, I did not stop thinking about my own school experiences. I took the time to make sure that all students felt encouraged, loved, and cheered on. I want all my students to know that I am in their corner.

Every school should have the conversation of how teachers get to know there students and how do they encourage them. We need to intentional in relationship building and share our own experiences to enrich learning.

Use your power to enrich lives and be the one that students know they can count on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes You Go Back, To Go Forward

Be the One...Who Stays Positive

Be The One... That Connects With Kids