Never to Early to Start Reflecting
Monday was our first day with students and I was extremely excited! I barely slept and set my alarm for super early, making sure I could get to school early and make sure everything went perfect. Music was playing while students arrived, talking to parents, giving high fives, and welcoming students to campus. Making classroom rounds, giving a little welcome back talk, feeding off the energy of the students. The entire day all I could think "It's all about relationships".
Tuesday was full of laughter, classroom visits, slides, and fun on the playground. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were full of the same. Once Friday afternoon came, there was some time to sit a reflect.
|1st Day of School and as a Principal|
I started off the year with 4 goals:
4. Have Fun
Did I meet my goals this week? Did I make an impact? How do the parents/staff feel it went? Those were some of the questions that were going through my head.
|Hanging out with Kindergarten|
All I could think was:
This was the most amazing week, doing the things that I love. I got to hang with kids and help teachers and staff help the students. What is better then that?
Top 5 things from my first week as a principal:
1. Greeting students and their families each day with a smile as they come onto campus.
2. Playing tetherball, 4 square, basketball, kickball, and riding slides at recess.
3. Popping into the classroom to check in with teachers and students.
4. Speaking to families at "Back to School Night"
5. Hanging with kindergarten celebrating "Fabulous Fruit Freezes", while they learn their letter F.
Needless to say that I love my job and I feel so blessed to part of an amazing community. So much more to come....